Old 20-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Mgore
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo - hesitation between first and second gears...

Hi Guys,
I recently purchased a 2012 Mondeo Titanium x Sport 2.0 and have an issue which has seen it back to the dealers 4 times without any resolution!
The problem is that the car starts fine, I set off, then as I depress the clutch to go into second gear, the engine revs rise (I gather this is an anti stall mechanism?), but once in second and I depress the throttle to accelerate away, the power just drops off and the car lurches! I can drive through it by driving like an 18 year old, but I'm more interested in a smooth drive with reasonable economy!
This fault is driving me mad and I have tried to reject the car with the dealers, but they have refuted the issue.
They have tried the following:
Re-installed the latest software, replaced the fuel filter (claiming the car has had 'bad fuel' sometime in the past), RE- RE applied the latest software, and checked for non existent error codes!
I have read elsewhere that this could be the anti stall, or the traction control system that reduces how much power you can put down in first and second gear which would explain why the fault is only evident in the bottom gears?
Please help SOMEONE!! I don't want to be stuck with a car that I hate to drive as it is otherwise fantastic! I need an answer soon as I cant get hold of Ford Technical??
Thanks in advance!!