Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
dave_s2_rst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy_R
Excellent thread, nice looking cars in darker paint, for some reason silver isn't doing it for me, seems to make the lines of the car stand out too much.

I'm seriously considering a later E60 had been looking at the 535d but finding a later 08 onwards thats fully loaded with lower miles is proving aukward. So most likely going to be a 530d.
Can anyone tell me what the change was that happened around 57plates which takes power from 218bhp to 235bhp.
Also do these 57(ish) onward cars need the swirlflaps done too? Do the 535D's need swirlflaps done.
Also the heads up display; i've seen on clips on youtube where info is displayed on the windscreen, is this an option? or simply a setting. Any other info and advice appreciated.

Hi mate,

the 57 reg onwards came with the slightly more powerful engine, funny looking gearbox shifter (auto), slightly better eco wise and LED lighting on the rear.

Ive had mine around a month now, the swirl flaps are getting done by PMW in chelmsford (£185 max supply and fit). Keep an eye on engine temps, if the car fails to warm up in the 'correct' temperature it will fail to regenerate itself. This can be a simple fix if its the EGR thermostat (£36 quid from Bmw) and piece of piss to fit yourself. The main engine stat can be alittle fiddly so i'm getting this done by PMW ltd (around £220, supplied and fitted along with new coolant supplied and fitted).

Supposedly the design of the swirl flaps were revised on these models but the price of getting them removed aint much so well worth doing for piece of mind.