View Single Post
Old 13-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Gav Diamond
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wes
Depends how far you want to go Gav, 19 row oil cooler with -10 pipe work to it is what you need on there if you use it mainly on the road, how far you want top go will determine what parts you need exactly i.e. do you want to keep the oil filter in the std location or mount it remotely, same for oil stat. Also oil type / grade can make a difference, what oil are you using?

I would say yes you definitely do need an oil stat in the system otherwise the oil will take too long to get up to temp when weather is cold or you are just cruising on the motorway.
Originally Posted by MadRod
19 row cooler & deffo use a Stat. Think Automotive will hold everything you will need. Fit an oil temp gauge.
Thanks Wes and Rod,
Glad I asked now as I was just going to get a small 13 row but you both have said 19 row is the one to get.

Wes,
I want to keep the oil filter in standard location really as I don't want the bay too cluttered with pipes and things.
Will find out off Harvey what oil he recommends to use.
Reason I asked about the stat was that I didn't know if the oil ones were reliable but if yourself and Rod have had no issues then thats good enough for me.

Rod,
I have a temp gauge bud and it gets to 100 degrees in no time when having a few blasts but was unsure at first if that was a bad temp as my old Golf Mk1 would always be over 100 and when playing would sit at 125 degrees and was fine but Harvey said its getting hotter than is ideal and i'd imagine if I ever verture onto a track the temps will go alot higher.

Will go on the Think site as soon as pay day comes round

Last edited by Gav Diamond; 13-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.