Old 01-08-2012, 06:29 PM
BigPeBe
PassionFord Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ported intake side on the head.
Burton BF134 + hard pad followers + Crane valve springs.
Engine specs are in the first post.

About the Megasquirt, I recommend using all new wiring harness customised for your car. At least my experience says it was a good idea because getting it running etc. all what goes to the ECU related stuff have been very easy.
Many people run in to problems because they bodge customize old harness.

Also decide first how you want to run it, with TFi maybe like me, or VR sensor + wasted spark? Then do a lot of research so you know what is needed for it to work (ecu board mods etc.).

A little report, I have now installed the fuel pump and pressure regulator properly and done some driving too. I had a slight missfire on top rpm, but I changed the plugs for new Motorcraft ones and adjusted the plug gap to 0.5 mm and it has been working perfectly since!
Today I've done a lot of mapping on the road and the maps start to be very close to ready. Pulls nicely but also doesn't burn so much fuel when cruising anymore.

BTW I'm very surprised how well the open diff works with this. It's mainly because of the tires, they seem to be very good. I used to have them in my daily runner, when I bought them I instantly noticed it became harder to make only one tire spin. Does the same trick with much more power too.
When I accelerate on 2nd and it starts to spin wheels it does it on both wheels and I really enjoy the little drift back end does lol.