View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dal_
The good thing about the Bosch ECU in an ST225 is it is very adaptive and will be fine with most Bluefin / Dreamscience etc maps even with varying modifications.

The standard cat back isn't the restrictive part in the system, the downpipe and std cat are, so if you want flow, just replace these. The cat back part is just for sound and style up to about 300bhp.

An intercooler is a must with any uprated map as the std one would struggle trying to keep the temps down when the turbo is pulling more boost.

As said, get yourself over to www.focusstoc.com as the advice there is top notch IMO.
Cheers, I will check out that site.

Originally Posted by Jay,
spot on makes a nice car but i would at least fit uprated springs the closer you get to 280 bhp !! i fitted spax rsx coilovers to mine an made a world of difference to mine
Ahh, springs as well. Shh. Are they a necessity?

Originally Posted by CarlosST3
I had a panel filter decat cat, cat back exhaust, and Dreamscience map and about 275 bhp and 320 ibs. Never missed a beat.
That sounds good to me. Should see a big difference with 275 from standard. I'm not going to worry about 10 or 20bhp here or there. I'll see what happens. Before I do anything I'll drive it hard standard and see how it feels. I don't know what sort of power an ST is capable of through the front wheels while still being a nice car to drive. Ideally I would like an RS, but I couldn't justify spending that sort of money on a car... and then I'd end up wanting 400bhp.