View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 09:49 PM
barkman
Newbie!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beach
I guess you have to weigh things up to be honest, i used to run mine as an everyday car but fuel was like 90p a litre lol.

I feel bad now, dont wanna put you off your dream just dont want you to regret it.....lol who am i to ruin your dreams ? LOL Gav has a very valid point if im honest, if the car has been well looked after and you dont tune the shit out of it it would be reliable just not sure if it would be maintenance free but like he says no car is if were all honest.

My advice is: Have a long hard think, if its what you want do it we only live once and you dont want to regret it for the rest of your life now do ya ? With things as they are if you spend that sort of money and look after it theres no reason you wouldnt get it back in 12 months if you decide its not what you want and cant afford the running costs.

Chris
Great advice Chris. The st220 is not exactly cheap to run fuel/tax/insurance. I appreciate all cars having running costs, I just don't wanna end up with a pile of rust a year down the line because Ive used it all year round. Aghhh you guys are not making this easy lol all loving your cars but not able to recommend them for permanent use! Why can't it be 1988 again!