View Single Post
Old 17-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
i would agree that 300 is more than enough in a fwd track car, my r5gtt currently is at 230bhp and tbh i will de tune it on a smaller turbo for track use
I believe they are planning to take it to bedford in the next couple of weeks to shake it down properly on track, they may decide to cap the power even lower after that if they do offer it as a conversion, one worry is that the turbo is relatively close to the brake lines, so heat build up on track is a potential issue if they start losing pedal feel, although we gave it a REAL hammering up and down the motorway last night with no issues.
Its specifically mapped around keeping EGT's relatively low (richer than optimum)

Longer term this car will be getting revised lines and forged internals and more power, but for now they're trying to find a decent conversion they can offer to customers that will give a significant power gain from the standard car, but still be affordable, which obviously things like having to reroute all the lines would put the cost up.

Its done about 2500 miles on the road now without any issues (well other than minor stuff like it killed a map sensor) since we first mapped it, so its looking good so far.