Old 27-07-2011, 02:44 PM
bassboy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Any of those management systems will work fine.

Dave Walker is very good at mapping emerald, makes perfect sense to buy one and get him to map it for you.
He did a guy I knows 20VT in his Elise and it worked very well.

Personally I really do HATE the emerald mapping software with a passion and would sooner map a car on Omex while being kicked in the shins than map anymore on Emerald as it would still be less painful, but as you dont want to touch the mapping that isnt your problem and Dave actually likes the mapping software in the context he uses it in (I tend to road map, he doesnt)

Fetaures wise, MS is king, but its also by far the most problematic too, loads and loads of different firmwares etc and can be a pain to get communicating as a result if you are a mapper and someone just turns up with one.
Most rolling roads wont touch them, I personally really like them though.
This is one of the reasons I dont fancy using MS...ive also heard about lots of conflicts...

I will look into the Mtech also...

I guess that brings into the equation;

Emerald K3
Omex 600
Mtech v4
DTA E48

How does the DTA compare to the above? I can get this for £300 inc loom second hand...but im unsure who we can use to map it?

Chip, if we were to get the likes of Emerald (or possibly DTA) mapped up by xyz, would you be able to run a fine comb over the map on the road and do any tweeks should it need it? Or do you think the like of Dave Walker will map it well enough on the rollers?