Old 14-03-2011, 09:31 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

got the spit made,1st attempt at spinning it didnt go too well,the weight of the engine and interior plus the center of gravity being off led to me being pulled off my feet and this happening,2 pals and some ratchet straps pulled it back.
had to have a rethink on the bit that attaches to the car.

this works better now,i can turn it myself no probs and i trust the pin to hold it till the straps are on,before there was an enormous amount of energy stored if you got the locking bolt in,enough to almost shear it off but with the center of gravity altered its well balanced now.

so now its on its side i got to work and stripped off all the rubber to find the ends of the rear floorpans were fillered up,the spare wheel well and gearbox tunnel had filler in them,i suspected they did as the chassis leg had some filler in it,these pics are a few weeks old but now most has been cut out/welded up,i sourced a mint solid spre wheel well which ill use most of,i removed the engine and box to spin the car easier which led me to buying a better xmember as the old 1 had been used as a jacking point so was mashed up underneath.the new 1 and all hubs,tcas,steering arms,arb etc etc have been sent away to be blasted and powdercoated then they will get painted to match the rest of the parts.

so theres not been too much progress really,waiting on my pal to do the welding,but hes been out of action with an ingrown hair,dont laugh like i did,as after telling me what happened i never ever want an ingrown hair,especially where he had it!
so i have been having some retail therapy,got new badges,sent my rs 4 spoke wheel which got painted crystal blue to be recovered in nappa leather and all the bolts,brackets,clips,screws etc etc to be zinc plated,bought a danny b rear triangulated strut brace,another 044 fuel pump,sourced 10mm stainless tube for the fuel lines,ill get a bender from work and run 2 supply lines to the front and 1 return,still waiting on compomotive to cast the wheels so no pics of them yet,bought new window rubbers,headlight wipers,number plate lights,bumper insert mouldings,more poly bushes so i have a full set now,ford floor mats,an o/s amber lrear light but the nicest thing i have bought so far are these....

gaz golds with uprated poundage springs and helper springs so the rears dont fall out of their cups.i got a good deal from woodford on them,well free carriage and they were the cheapest.i had normal gaz coilovers on my last saph and these are so much chunkier and look better built.
found another couple of crappy pics from the day i got it

thats it for just now,hopefully its not too long till i get the floor in paint!

Last edited by 155lee; 14-03-2011 at 09:35 PM.