View Single Post
Old 27-02-2011, 06:00 PM
stevealien
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well been busy on the car this week as i had a week off work.
not got too many pics but heres where im at.
been polishing my not so shiny bits,and making them into shiny bits.
bought a machine polishing kit for my drill which consists of 3 stages of buffing wheels and compounds.
rubbed everything down with 2500 wet and dry paper,wet,then the 3 stages of buffing.
took about 2 days to do header tank,fuel filter cover,oil seperator and charge carrier.
real painful job but glad i did it.

painted more of engine bay,behind heater motor and fuse box etc,and fitted chrome bits,black rocker cover,rubber rocker cover gasket,chrome rocker cover bolts and washers,few braided lines,some blue ht leads etc.
no pics of bay yet cos its all covered in mask at the min,but im pleased with how its turning out so far.

one of my alloy wheels was flaking badly on the back inside of the rim,so rubbed all that down and resprayed that.
not lacquered it yet,but its come out well.

then started on boot.
it was all scratched and shitty under the boot carpets so i set about sorting it out.
found some rust patches that i cut out and welded new plates over.
didnt need to look too great as its all under the carpet,but cut all the shit out and put nice new metal in,then seamsealed ,zinc primed,then resprayed whole boot with 3 coats of black gloss stonechip.
great gear actually,no need to overpaint cos its gloss finish anyway,gives boot a nice protective coating and aids soundproofing slightly too

painted my parcel shelf cos that was faided
carboned the centre of my steering wheel to match gauge surround

prep work for respray starting midweek now,so hopefully soon ill have some more big updates soon.

heres a few pics of this weeks work
thanks for looking