Old 06-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Dan, F7R has been great fun in my blue clio, been much quicker on track than people expect it to be as they just handle SO well.

I'm still going to be using that one this year till the yellow one is finished in fact, just want a little more poke and also want a tidier car as my blue one was always done as cheaply and as quickly as possible as a properly disposable trackday car, but this one we want to take our time with and do a nice job on it.
Finding a cage secondhand is a bit of a bitch though, still after one for the blue car as well, ironically it was the cage I wanted from this car that got me looking at it, I never intended to buy as much of it as I did!

Gary, not looked for an engine seriously yet as not starting the project till summer probably now, but the 225 lumps seem quite thin on the ground, how come your mate has a few?

TBH I think im going to go Audi powered now though as they seem like a better option.

I'd like to see under 1:20 round combe from it, I think that is realistic if I can get it to handle as well as the blue one as Ive done under 1:25 in that with under 170bhp so with more power I'll easily be able to take 5 seconds out just on the bigger straights as Ive only been hitting 105mph tops on the main straight in the blue one!
If I can hit 130mph+ instead it should raise my average speed down the straight from about 90 to about 110, and that will save me over 3.5 seconds just on that one straight I reckon!

Last edited by Chip; 06-12-2010 at 02:25 PM.