Thread: RS replica.....
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010, 10:43 AM
D355
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS replica.....

Hello, sorry for the newbie qn. I am looking at making a replica of the 2009/10 RS. Damaged 2010 RS bumpers & sills seem reasonably priced from ebay, aftermarket wheels etc too. I know this isnt to everyones taste & the purists will be in shock at having such an abomination, but i have built replica Ferrari 308, 355, 360 and a replica Lamborghini Murcielago, so im pretty used to the responses!! I dont want the performance, I have my fireblade if I want to go hyper quick.

Like my other kits, I want the look of the cars without the cost & am prepared to sacrifice the performance to get it.

My main qn so far is - what difference is there between the 2008 standard focus rear quarter arch profile, the 2008 ST rear arch profile & the 2009 RS rear arch profile. I have seen the rear quarter fibreglass kits on ebay, but I assume they are for the Mk1 RS??

Also, what suspension drop would people recommend for this? Simple springs or coilovers? I have always used coilovers in the past on my other replicas, but would like to keep the cost down on this if possible & dont want to end up with a teeth chattering ride as its going to be my daily driver. How much hassle is there fitting the 19's to a focus? Outer arches wont be a problem obviously, but do they catch on the inner arch or any other parts under there?

Im hoping this should be relatively straightforward given that my usual projects include cutting whole roofs off & lengthening wheelbase etc, but is there any gotchas anyone can see that I havent considered?

Try not to rip me into too many pieces plaese!! Hehehe!