View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Cosmo
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
Have you tested your fuel pump supply UNDER LOAD ?
They can test perfect with no load(idling) but when under a bit of strain the wiring can be unable to deliver the required amperage needed which will cause massive voltage drop.
Just hook some thin wire into the plugs on the pump before pushing the plugs back on the pump, trail wire through window hook up to digi metre and watch it as you drive, may give a clue.
Was the map sensor brand new or a known good one ?
tabetha
I was assured the MAP was a good one (was second hand), but now am questioning it? The only difference i noticed was my old 3bar MAP had a grey top, the replacement was all black? Dont know if that makes a difference? I had a MAP fail some years back and it does feel like that did, but when my last one went the car missed then died on me on boost, this time it still drives just missfires like hell as soon as i hit 1 psi and then obviously i cant go any faster/hit higher boost then. If i rev the car while idling it can sometimes show the signs of the miss, get a bit of popping through the exhaust (more than i would consider normal so to speak)

Anyone live near chester with a known good MAP i could try/borrow for 10min to rule it out completely??