View Single Post
Old 18-08-2010, 11:16 PM
mk5tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I don't really post on here but this is quite an interesting topic. In theory, yes I think most drugs should be legal and eveyone should be held fully responsible for their actions. If you go out stealing to pay for it then you should be sent straight to prison or other suitable punishment (cannon fodder?), no questions/excuses. If you have a job to pay for it and taking it doesn't affect your perfomance or anyone else etc then whats the problem?

Unfortunatlely most people are just not capable of this and need the goverment to tell them it's bad and illigal to stop them... Take meow meow for example, loads of younger poeple thought that because it was legal, it was alright to take it, rather than the fact that they were taking a random chemical that hadn't had any long term research and testing done on it. It might be safe, it might not, but I wouldn't base my reasoning on whether or not to take it on if it was legal to buy. Loads of chemicals are legal but I wouldn't recommend taking them for fun.

Just because the govenment hasn't had time to legislate against something doesn't mean it's ok to do, your own judgement should come into it.

Drugs imo, aren't the problem, its scum bags, vunerable people and the mentally ill that need to be dealt with properly/helped.
Drug use is pretty much in every culture throughout the world and I can't see it ever stopping and it's not always detrimental, theres a lot of cerimonial/cultural uses too.

One thing I don't have any sympathy for are the coke addicts/smack heads etc here in the western world as they have all the oppertunities in the world compared to the poor farmers, traffickers etc that are forced into the trade to meet our western demand.

I do drink, I'm not into weed and to be honest am pretty much willing to try anything once, as long as I deem the risks etc to be worth taking. I think everyone should be able to make their own choice as long as I/the rest of soceity don't have to pay for the consequences. Our nanny state seems to have taken peoples awareness of this and has resulted in a country full of scrounging, self obsessed racist morons...Anyway, I'm sure most will disagree.

Oh yeah, sorry Chip but I think your solution its a bit harsh!