Old 11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
Every home has to have a "fair rent assesment", by an independant person, unless they have properties in same area that have been assesed, and then he makes a max rent allowance, so it would seem the rent is right for that area.
Im sure its probably a fair rent assessment for the area. the point is what the hell are that family doing living in such an area???

There is perfectly adequate housing with ALL the amenities they could ever need for much less than that.

I seriously doubt they can afford the local corner shop/supermarket prices in kensington living on benefits. Unless of course they are getting some local allowance or something stupid like that

I do wonder if they are claiming the racism/discrimination card from getting shit from other people in poor areas
Originally Posted by vaughant
I never had any government help to start my business and was told because this was because i was over 30,owned my own home,was not or had not ever claimed any type of benefit,was not an ethnic minority,or had not been a member of the armed forces
sounds about right. but then if they help you its not very "PC" is it?? your just another whitey doing what millions of other white folk do. Where as if your disabled, ethnic minority, asylum seeker, former criminal etc then the government can add you to statistics showing how the "system works"

And you can remove ex-forces from the list because they give with one hand and take with the other if your ex forces so you end up with no help off government and have to rely on forces charities etc. eg my war disability pension counts as income for benefits purposes so therefore i cant get benefits, yet if i apply for disability living allowance, then they count my pension as disability benefits so therefore they cant pay two lots of disability.... A contradiction of their own rules which state that disability benefits do not count as income because they are to offset the disadvantage of a disability So the forces pension cant be both income for benefits AND disability Luckily im not severely disabled. Imagine how much that will fuck up those severely disabled people unless someone stands up for them!!

The system is fucked up.