View Single Post
Old 18-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is she going Kev?

I am seriously considering buying another one to do track days with again when I have finished my house but with Donno shut for the foreseable I prob wouldn't get the use out of it.

In reference to the question - I wouldn't do a thing to it. Use it and abuse it and upgrade as you need to.

The brakes are good as standard anyways so just replace the disks/pads when you need to. Braided lines are a good bet though for £50 and a bit of arsing about.

Be warned though if you go for a pad that is too track orientated it makes them dangerous on the road as the abs kicks in all the time.

There isn't a lot to do to make them go faster really without spending silly money just improve the already excellent handling and stopping power.

If its just for the road invest in a decent set of tyres like F1s the turn in is just imense and you can drive round the outside of everything in the wet- avoid shit tyres like the plague as they make this particular car shit, worse than anything I've ever known that I've put shit tyres.

I'm no expert but I've owned 1 x 182 cup and 2 x Ph1 172s and tracked one of them ( my bro owns one of my old ones now) so have a good handle on them.

HTH

J

Last edited by Shings; 18-04-2010 at 08:09 PM.