View Single Post
Old 28-01-2010, 11:31 AM
bob s2zvh
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rog
Well to put it clearly, if they found out after you'd made a claim then it would invalidate your insurance. Insurance companies, like any business are pretty smart, yoou think they'll pay out to one measley customer because he never told them he had points and a ban or whatever??? if they can get away without paying, they will. At the end of the day, they're a business, not a charity, so they won't go dishing out cash if they don't have to.
The question is, is it worth it, and what is the likelyhood of getting caught????

Well........ I will freely admit i did this for a long time (4years), but at the end of 08' i bought a new car, and got the cossie back on the road, so i decided it was time to do it right, be mature about it and not have the worry of having a claim rejected, god forbid i had an accident and it wasn't just the car that got damaged. So now i have declared everything, but as of 17 days ago i now have a completely clean licence.

What i found was that it only cost me about £70 more, and put my mind at rest, surely thats a small price to pay??? Agreed it was a foolish thing to do, and now i wouldn't really advise it to anyone, it can only be something that you will regret if it doesn't work out.
how did you manage to get points? your cossie hadnt seen the road since the 90's lol surelt the Ka wasnt that fast!