View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 PM
M K
10K+ Poster!!

Received 60 Likes on 59 Posts

Thought id throw an update on here although progress is still very slow at the moment,

things are happening tho and im currently in talks with MDV who are a very reputable motorsport engineering firm responsible for the 1st doran fiesta rallycross cars and more recently well known is a complete re desing of the suspension and aerodynamic package on the pikes peak 1150bhp rs200,

the idea is to create the best possible shell i can and then i can build up form there when funds allow as its looking like the shell fab and re worked wrc derived wide track suspension set up is going to cost more than first thought so the build is gonna be done in two stages first being a complete 4x4 ready shell built to the best possible spec with wide track wrc rear end and custom wide track front end so as far as chassis and geometry goes i have the best set up from the start, as i know from many cars including my last that the suspension design and set up is more important than anything else imo,

so the shell will be going in soon i hope for the following

fitting of jwrc kit and steel arch liners for strength.

fully mig welded t45 cage including roof x, door x, rear x, harness bars, full front and rear triangulation and rear diff and cradle tie ins.

large style turrets for adjustable alloy top mounts for wide track suspension.

chassis mounted engine mount brackets.

full 4x4 tunnel modification.

rear subframe mounts incl rear floor modification.

steering column mounting.

floor mounted pedal box fitting.

full re worked wrc rear cradle and links.

custom rear uprights to suit wrc rear links set up.

modify front subframe to suit 4x4 installation and accept wide track adjustable tca's and comp struts configuration.

fully adjustable wide track custom tca's.

fully adjustable wide track custom comp struts.

fully adjustable custom track rod ends.

Now i have been to visit MDV to discuss all these options with peter bennett and look at a white rwd focus rs hey have built for a customer that has their wrc rear end set up etc and its very impressive and the quality of the work reflects the price tag it comes with but you get what you pay for imo.

my full jwrc kit was ordered through mdv about 2 weeks ago so should be here soon consisting of

full jwrc rear quarters
jwrc front wings
jwrc front and rear bumpers
jwrc full carbon front splitter

again these are from msport contacts and are of a kevlar glass mix and are very good fitment which again reflects in the price compared to the likes of the pumaspeed kit which from what i have seen are very poor quality and fit.

so there should be news on the shell work soon once we have finalised a price for the work, but the shell is now completely stripped ready to go off and be transformed,

Name:  IMG_0208.jpg
Views: 7438
Size:  115.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0210.jpg
Views: 8392
Size:  128.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0212.jpg
Views: 12464
Size:  141.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0213.jpg
Views: 7106
Size:  152.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0214.jpg
Views: 6843
Size:  122.9 KB

also picked up a cosowrth 7.5" rear diff so i now have a front diff, rear diff and cosworth 4x4 gearbox to dummy up for the chassis work and have hopefully sourced some hubs shaft and props and a steering rack to use for the dummy build

Name:  IMG_0215.jpg
Views: 7234
Size:  160.8 KB

and i also need to order my 4x4 bells for the brakes i picked up for the front which should stop me nicely although i admit there not my 1st choice but were so cheap i have to try them

hopefully some proper progress reports soon with some serious work underway