Old 17-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Mongo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little update.

I've aquired a donor car. Which will probably go back on the road for a small profit which should help fund a few bits and peices like an actual donor, suspension and a cage. It's too tidy to break and I'll get lynched by the purists lol.

I have also aquired a full set of powerflex bushes, unfortunately including concentric front arm bushes, so it's looking like adjustable ones are going to be sooner rather than later.

I have spent a little time looking at the rust and ascertaining how far it goes (scraping back with a screwdriver. Next job on that front will be to buy some wire wheels to go on an axle grinder and go to work cleaning and cutting back.

The other job has been removing the rear subframe set-up, which has been problematic, having to drill out hex bolts that have rusted and rounded and the rear bushes siezing to their locating stubs. Simply rectified by spending a day away from the job, coming back to it and realising I had been leavering the wrong bit lol!

Last but not least, I've burnt the troublesome bushes out of the subframe today which felt quite enjoyable!