View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
ickey818
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cosworth engine breather

Hi all,

I'm fitting an uprated breather system to my 4x4 Cosworth but I'm not sure on how I should connect one of the breather pipes. Basically the seperator tank has 4 outlets, one goes to the breather tank, the second returns to the sump, the 3rd goes to an adapter fitted to my rocker cover and the forth replaces the existing breather pipe which goes to the airbox.

The fourth connection is the one which is causing me a problem. When I went to fit this today I was going to remove the existing kidney box and the red plastic part located on top of the kidney box. I then noticed that the red plastic part on top of the kidney box has a pipe which goes to a one way valve which is screwed into the inlet manifold. This in itself isn't a problem as I can remove the valve and plug the hole up with a blanking plug. I then noticed that there is a second pipe which is T'd into the pipe which runs between the red plastic part to the inlet manifold. The T's in pipe runs across the bulkhead to some sort of valve on the opposite side of the engine bay near the brake servo. Another pipe comes out the other side of this valve and seems to run to the charcoal cannister located under the passenger wing.

My question is what I should do with the T'd in pipe if I remove the red plastic part and it's associated piping from the inlet system?

Hope the above makes sense.