View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ollie.
You do seem to eat enough mate. How do you train?
I've been training 3 times a week, but 2 weeks ago I upped it to 4 and dropped most of the cardio. I might up it to 5 days and have a cardio session on a saturday, but not sure about that yet.

I had seperated my weight sessions up into 1. Back (typically lat pull, seated row, some pulling things on the cable crossover, god knows what they're called, lol, and a dumbell row), 2. Shoulders and chest and 3. Arms. Which probably isn't a very good way of grouping them, but I'm changing now.

Thing is, until now I've purely wanted to gain weight and nothing else really. I'm a little over 6'3", and was 10st 3lbs, I'm now 13st 6lbs, which isn't big for my height, but kinda makes me look like a normal person, lol.

Now until just over a week ago, I'd hardly done anything chest-wise because it's a major weak point for me. (I was born with a weird chest, so it's virtually flat bone and a weird shape). Now I know I should have worked on that more than anything really, but after anything like a decent session on it, I was in pain for days. I mean, so bad I couldn't do anything with my chest for a week+

Now I'm concentrating mainly on that, hence why I want to really push on, and get a good supplement on the go instead of keep changing every couple of weeks.

Also doing bench presses (flat and incline, going to try decline too), dumbell presses (same variations) and Smith Machine presses (with more weight than the free bar bench press)

Going to throw a few flys into the mix too, but concentrating more on the above. Size for the moment rather than shape.