Fitness / Weight Training Discussions Don't drive around with 4 chins! Chat to like minded folk in here and get yourself back to a decent health and fitness level in no time.

Boditronics Mass Attack

Old 05-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boditronics Mass Attack

Anyone used this?

Seems to be getting rave reviews in terms of effectiveness and being the best-tasting as well, which is a bonus. Comes in some interesting flavours too!

Anyone on here used it?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never even heard of it!

What is it supposed to do?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Mike C
The Special One

It's a lean mass gainer.

ie/a protein powder, but with plenty of carbs/calories too to gain "good" weight when you're training.

I want to try some new stuff and it's between this or the stuff from myprotein.co.uk, which I've also not heard a bad word about yet
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ah i seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 AM
neal666
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

my protien ALL DAY LONG!

can use this code for 5% off as well at the checkout!

MP21809

better than nowt
Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Mike C
The Special One

I'll place an order with them then, I'll take the plunge and go for a bulk order, will give another few % saving, plus I want to try quite a few of the different flavours, they sound interesting!

Cheers Mate!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

I think you need to eat more mate. Or look at your training. You look as if youve never seen a gym. Sorry but protein shakes arent gonna help you much.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Mike C
The Special One

I don't think I can eat much more than I already do to be honest.

This is my diet

Breakfast- 6 Weetabix with acacia honey and semi-skimmed milk, 4 raw eggs blended with 500ml semi-skimmed milk

Mid Morning- Tin of Tuna

Lunch- 4 rounds wholemeal bread with salmon or tuna and cumcumber, 2 Activia Yogurts (1 with raspbery fruit layer, one with cereal), whey protein shake made with semi-skimmed milk

Mid-Afternoon- Tuna Pasta Salad, 4 raw eggs blended with semi-skimmed milk

Pre-Training- 12 Grapes, Multipower energy bar

Post-training- Protein powder, 1 Weetabix, 1 punnet raspberries, 1 punnet blackberries, 4 raw eggs, acacia honey, 150ml water, 500ml semi-skimmed milk all blended together

Evening meal- 2 chicken breasts, potatoes, rice or pasta and broccoli. Benecol drink, 2 Activia yogurts (1 Raspberry, 1 cereal), light snack bar.

People in the know could probably say it could be improved loads, but finding the time to prepare something better or slip more in will be tricky for me
Old 06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

You do seem to eat enough mate. How do you train?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by Ollie.
You do seem to eat enough mate. How do you train?
I've been training 3 times a week, but 2 weeks ago I upped it to 4 and dropped most of the cardio. I might up it to 5 days and have a cardio session on a saturday, but not sure about that yet.

I had seperated my weight sessions up into 1. Back (typically lat pull, seated row, some pulling things on the cable crossover, god knows what they're called, lol, and a dumbell row), 2. Shoulders and chest and 3. Arms. Which probably isn't a very good way of grouping them, but I'm changing now.

Thing is, until now I've purely wanted to gain weight and nothing else really. I'm a little over 6'3", and was 10st 3lbs, I'm now 13st 6lbs, which isn't big for my height, but kinda makes me look like a normal person, lol.

Now until just over a week ago, I'd hardly done anything chest-wise because it's a major weak point for me. (I was born with a weird chest, so it's virtually flat bone and a weird shape). Now I know I should have worked on that more than anything really, but after anything like a decent session on it, I was in pain for days. I mean, so bad I couldn't do anything with my chest for a week+

Now I'm concentrating mainly on that, hence why I want to really push on, and get a good supplement on the go instead of keep changing every couple of weeks.

Also doing bench presses (flat and incline, going to try decline too), dumbell presses (same variations) and Smith Machine presses (with more weight than the free bar bench press)

Going to throw a few flys into the mix too, but concentrating more on the above. Size for the moment rather than shape.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:27 PM
neal666

To be fair mike from looking at your pic i would sack the cardio for the time being you need to concentraite on getting some mass on your frame. doing this will add a little more fat BUT you will be getting the full benifit and most out of your weights. you can always cut later..

change your routine to 5 days a week and 2 rest days (sat,sun) i split it like this
mon - chest
tues - arms
wed- shoulders
thurs - legs
fri - back

one body part per workout and hit it HARD. i normaly go somthing like 4 sets per excersise, 12,10,8,6 reps INCREASING the weight at each set. for example i done flat,incline,decline bench and cable flys today

keep eating what you are and try some suppliments you should see some gains..

my 2p anyway mate..
Old 06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
mackers

No one has asked how long you have been training? Your body will go through a natural phase of putting on alot of size in say the first 6-12 months because of the big jump in calories and training. After that the gains will come slower but patience and good training is the key. How many hours of sleep are you getting a night? You need a minimum of 8 hours.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Mike C
The Special One

I've been doing the 12,10,8,6 rep sets at least 75% of the time I've been going now.

I've been training for getting on for 18 months. The first 6 months was when most of my gains happened. The next six months saw a litt more gain, but nowhere near as quickly, the last few months nothing much seems to have happened. Another reason why I want to step it up a gear.

As for sleep, I've never been a good sleeper and don't get 8 hours in Although to be fair I'm probably not that far off. I'm much better than I used to be.

Cheers for the advice anyway chaps
Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
mackers

Mate your not training long enough to be worrying about making no gains, you probably are making gains but they aren`t as noticeable. Plus if you`ve been doing pyramid reps like 12,10,8,6 for so long it`ll not be helping. Do a month of say 4 sets of 6 reps then switch to 4 sets of 10 reps. You can also superset and throw in things like drop sets. Keep training mate it`ll come in time.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
rs_turbo_lad
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Mike C
I've been doing the 12,10,8,6 rep sets at least 75% of the time I've been going now.

I've been training for getting on for 18 months. The first 6 months was when most of my gains happened. The next six months saw a litt more gain, but nowhere near as quickly, the last few months nothing much seems to have happened. Another reason why I want to step it up a gear.

As for sleep, I've never been a good sleeper and don't get 8 hours in Although to be fair I'm probably not that far off. I'm much better than I used to be.

Cheers for the advice anyway chaps
hi there again, just wanted to throw in a tip , uv never mentioned press-ups or sit-ups , throw in these m8 , they will def will help u define u alot more , i used to do these wen i was in the army and done them at the boxing ,trust me these will def shape u up if u do enough,at the boxing we do 50pressups,50situps x 3 a night
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by mackers
Plus if you`ve been doing pyramid reps like 12,10,8,6 for so long it`ll not be helping.
I have dropped these in terms of the new chest routine, but still stuck with it on "lesser" and shaping exercise like flys etc
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by rs_turbo_lad
hi there again, just wanted to throw in a tip , uv never mentioned press-ups or sit-ups , throw in these m8 , they will def will help u define u alot more , i used to do these wen i was in the army and done them at the boxing ,trust me these will def shape u up if u do enough,at the boxing we do 50pressups,50situps x 3 a night
Never mentioned, yes I do sit-ups, but not press-ups. I might throw those in somewhere
Old 08-04-2009, 07:24 AM
vroomtshh
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Mike C
Never mentioned, yes I do sit-ups, but not press-ups. I might throw those in somewhere
Press ups wont help with bulking.

If you dont do pyramids, what do you do now?
I almost always train in pyramids, other than shaping exercises really
Old 08-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Mike C
The Special One

I was doing purely pyramids for everything until a couple of weeks back.

I've still used them on certain exercises, but now bench press etc I've just been doing a straight 3x6
Old 08-04-2009, 10:37 AM
vroomtshh
Advanced PassionFord User

I personally feel that 3 x 6 wont do you as good as training pyramids.

To do 6, you need to pick a fairly sensible weight, and i prefer to train to failure. I was once told, that the last two struggling reps are the best for you. Whether its true or not, I dont know.