View Single Post
Old 16-12-2008, 11:27 AM
zedtechs
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned two of these from brand-new

Phase-1) Lasted me well and was a general nice motor until I sold it

Phase-2) Imp blue, lovely ph2 wheels much nicer than ph1, however I had nothing but PROBLEMS with this car

1) Found rust under the rubber seal in the weld joint, this is in the middle of the runner when you open the door apperently a common problem, when I was a member of the ZSOC they were starting a pertition (don't know how far it went)

2) Engine after 15,000 miles decides to spill it's guts out the back and empty it's oil contents all over my drive (not a mechanic) engine made large knocking noises and would go thorough a new load of oil each week. Luckily under warrenty Ford replaced the engine but would NOT guarentee the new one (which after I sold it went wrong for my mate and Fords would not even except it as part ex)

3) Lambda sensor (If I remember its called that) was always going wrong you would drive along then all of a sudden the car would be revving like mad but only tarvelling at 15mph.

So if it was me I would have the phase 1, although the phase 2 does look nicer. In general they are nice nippy little runarounds and better than a lot for the money.

rgds

Last edited by zedtechs; 16-12-2008 at 11:28 AM.