View Single Post
Old 28-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Mr C
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with my mate Jay (TEV on here) 3weeks ago in his Cossie and we stayed at a ring instructers place who also Marshalls on a bike there. Now I always fancied racing round on my bike but was advised to go in a car for the very first time and now having been round in a car I doubt I will ever go round on 2x wheels as Im not sure its worth the risk TBH
Our instructor mate Bren was just out of hospital for the 4th time and as Diva Rob says you dont have small offs there- Bren has broken his back 3x times and this time his knee was smashed in 5x pieces and he is bent double. His accident this time was due to a fluid spill he didnt see nor did the other 3x riders off straight after him, gutted.
Basically Bren can do a lap on a bike in the 6min ** EDITED TO SAY 7mins ** no problem and a 20 min car drive home also in 6 min, he does 13000 miles a year on that circuit thats 10,000laps and knows the circuit well but even he can get caught out and that for me is just not worth the risk, maybe I will roll round one day but IMHO it would be a waste to go all that way to roll round

Last edited by Mr C; 08-11-2008 at 08:29 PM.