View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Turbocabbie
Top Cab !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave100e
Chassis wise its spot on. Upgraded clutch and a recent gearbox rebuild. The diff is nice and tight too. Brakes are all upgraded including a rear cossie disc conversion. Spax adjustables all round with some healthy strut braces. Its more then up to the job at the moment.
The problem with the gearbox is not the diff, its the often main shaft of bearings which gives up, if you have a standard rebuilt box it will last better than a box with a lot of mile son it but do not expect it to last if you put a lot of power through it with heavy launching.

Although you say the chassis is up to the job, having come from a car which was very similar, from my own personal opinion that is far from up to the job. The car would need poly bushes throughout, a better anti roll bar to say the very least.

So if the head and turbo are up to the job would the following list do the job?

Pistons.
Rods.
FMIC.
Bottom end balancing.
Good proper mapping session.
18psi or could it handle more?

If i do go and do it ill want an adjustable boost controller to tame it a bit. I dont mind cars that run a bit shit really. Ive been looking at turbo oil coolers, are they a good idea?
A CVH with decent management, steel bottom end can handle more than 18 PSI ( I know because I run more than this myself ) However a decent, reliable high powered CVH will cost you big money.

Last edited by Turbocabbie; 03-10-2008 at 12:28 PM.