Thread: emissions
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
The whole point is the shite std ecu is half the problem, yes I love my ecu, and consider it the best mod ever done, can't understand why thousands of other agree on aftermarket though can you ?
As for manufacturers, actually stop and think about what you are saying!!
Why is there only 1 version of the std ecu on cossies as they are so good is it, how many version before cat, as that would clearly need to be different.
So come on tell us less intelligent people excatly which one did ford get right, or failing that why so many attempts to get it right, it was changed as it was a pile of shite, that so many tuners screw stupidly large amounts of money out or people for mods/chips etc, and still end up paying more than vastly superior featured aftermarket ecu.
Some charge £500 for mapping this is a piss take, I get three maps for £275, so could be used on three different cars, with just one better ecu, std ecu's unless you want limited features as this is all it can give you are fine but anything more forget it.
Some ecu's have far more control than others and can run weaker mixes, but maybe we should on your theory just run 5% co as that must be better.
tabetha
Oh lord, your at it again.
Why did they upgrade the over teh years? Isnt that like asking why did they not just stick with the Model T? What a truly fooking ridiculous statement.

If its relevant somehow, 2 ECU's prior to teh catalyst model.
L1 in 1985.
L6 in 1988.
Madness eh?

Also, the "pile of shite" std L8 ECU will run a 2 litre engine at 0.3% CO on 1200cc Siemens with 3.5bar fuel pressure and the fuel transients are excellent, as is the transient ignition. I happen to know from experience that your Emerald will not do this, so your argument is worse than piss poor mate, and you have ignored my other comments to you on other topics too i note. I will dig them out for you.