View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 02:40 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My take on religion:

The bible was written in order to control people. People rely on it far too much in their life in order to overcome grief or get round problems they dont want to face. Turn to the bible and god and then you have the strength to live your day to day life. In reality, they can live their life without turning to god and the bible, they just want to have the beleif that someone or something up there is helping them. I do actually feel sorry for people that dedicate their life to god. Does anyone have any evidence that this dedication has helped them?

Religion has caused many wars and will continue to do so. IF God existed then we would all pray to one god, not different ones for Christians, Sikhs, Muslims etc. There would be one religion and one set of rules within that religion.

The old age answer of "God gave us free will," which silences the old age question : "If there was a god why does he let such bad things happen" is imo the biggest evidence of people too eager to beleive at any cost, without ANY facts that God or the religion they belong to exisitng. Just as ive got no evidence that it doesnt exist. Science for me is the answer and stands up to much more scrutiny than religion.