Old 25-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Ok,
Ive made a bit of a start with the pictures, but i need to go and eat, so il make a start:

This is the Very starting point and is frequently asked:
CHAPTER 1: "What happens on live map day?"

ok, basically what will happen is as follows:

1)we will both sit down with a brew and
discuss your personal requirements.

2)we will go over your mechanical engine specification on paper so i have ALL the facts.

3)I will sit down and devise a base map according to the details YOU have given to me.

4) I will check the car for basic safety and fluids. (you would be AMAZED how many cars i turn away because they have no brakes, or no TAX!!)

5) I will take the car for a drive to asses its performance / flexibility in its current state.

6) I will return and check the fuel pumps flow performance and the fuel lines for any kinks etc and flow check the injectors in the flow bench whether they are new or old. The whole engine intake system will be pressure tested at 2.5bar for leaks and any rectified. Then a full setup will be performed on the engine in its current state. And the car test driven again.

7) I will then return and if everything was fine on the test drive i will fit the following components into your car:

Lambda sensor boss welded into your downpipe.
Boost gauge.
Detonation sensing equiptment.
Air charge temp monitoring equiptment.
Air/fuel ratio monitoring equiptment.
Injector duty cycle monitoring equiptment.
A live fault code reader for the management system.
A hardware emulator.
A DC / AC Convertor.
A laptop.

8) I will then drive away in your pride and joy and two of us will start mapping it, which basically entails adjust the fuel to the correct level for the boost we are running and then taking the spark advance to its limits and then back down again to our chosen level.

9) you will look really worried as we come back, poke around in your car and go out again.

10) We will probably come back again and poke around some more and you will say "hows it going?" "problems??" with a really worried look on your face.

11) We will say "its going fine" and go out again

12) We will finally return and say, "all done for you sir!" And you will collapse with relief!

13) You will pay us lots of your hard earned money in exchange for your old chip and your car keys and wheelspin away like a lunatic leaving us with unhappy neighbours!!

Thats the usual scenario, does that answer your questions or have i missed something?

Copied and modified from a post i did months ago if its sounds familiar to anyone!

NEXT: CHAPTER 2: HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY GET AT THE DATA IN MY ECU BEFORE YOU CAN MAP IT LIVE?