View Single Post
Old 17-03-2008, 01:11 AM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
No, but they seem to think this heat pipe makes a difference. Im not convinced personally as i think it brings heat across from the power regulators and fooking pipes it all into the northbridge!!... it sure gets fooking hot!

Got my Live Fatality XFi in there so havent tried it, but it talks teh talk on paper.

Just for you, ive taken pictures on a better angle to explain further... From what i can see, if i wanted to SLI (which i was considering) i would lose the PCI slots.

Had it pretty much since launch and cant gel with it.
ah thanks stu, i was actually talking about the pci-e 1x slots (little black ones) as i have a wireless card and sound card to go in them so i'll need two of the 3 and once covered by ur gpu card i see from the pics u took.

unfortunatly that chipset is just no good for sli or crossfire,(sli's useless at the moment anyway!) the 2nd pci-e slot only runs in 4x mode in dual mode so ur graphic band width would only be 8x instead of 16x, if you wanted to upgrade to a dual gpu set up u'll have to get an x38 chipset as they have dual 2.0 pci-e slots with will allow true dual 16x bandwidth, although as mentioned above sli boards are useless for clocking not to mention the sli drivers are very unstable, which is why ur likely to find most boards support crossfire (ati cards only)

although if you wanted to run a 2nd graphics card on its own (for say an extra 2 screens) i'm told that that board is more then caperble.

ps:just ask eagle about getting on with bf2 hahahaha!

i quite like the look of frontlines warefare.