View Single Post
Old 20-10-2007, 06:55 AM
simonc
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its purely for a track car only, been there and done the 3dr Cossie track car thing & it got a bit expensive as i don't have the money or time to do more than 4 or 5 trackdays a year & it just sat about & was too much money sitting in the garage. I've got one of the newer 2003 onwards V70R volvo's which is the wife's car,got rid of the 3dr & bought a 1998 S plate estoril M3 Evo coupe which sits in the garage but if we want to use it instead of the Volvo sometimes its useable unlike the 3dr was,she wouldn't drive the 3dr ! So now looking for a 16v but they seem to be a bit more than 8v, their is a D plate one on ebay not far from me with a few hrs to go at £700 at the moment. Problem with the 205's is they are more expensive & i don't think the running gear/engine will be as strong as a Golf, plus i want car that owes me no more than £1500 when fully completed stripped out with seat, R888 rubber,G60 brakes,not sure on suspension but nothing fancy, i only live a few miles from Lyddon race circuit & 30 mins from Brands also so just something for a bit of fun which doesn't matter if it gets a few dings ! What do you think i should be paying for a 16v with a good engine/box but scruffy body ?

Simon.