Old 27-04-2007, 06:41 PM
redrsmk5
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,bit of an update and help required from the findings please

Ive checked bloody everywhere for the air leak and i cannot find it .Ive tightened all inlet bolts and nuts, new gasket on iscv,cleaned iscv out, and car still high idles through low gear changes and idles high from first start up

Is it possible that when the previous owner had Stu@MSD live map it that the chip or setup would make the air be available when it probably shouldnt???

Anyway i tried the boost gauge today (only a 20psi one) and in 3rd gear it peaked at 14 psi then in 4th gear (the best gear apparently) 15psi. Vacuum on the gauge was showing 10 not 0.....is this right???

Surely i should have more than that with my spec !!! Im tempted to give the actuator a full turn tomorrow but am concerned in doing that incase i really do have an air leak....is it safe to do this or could it detonate????

What PSI do other stage 1s peak at or are running??

I have a high pressure fuel pump, Mongoose exhaust, PPP8 plugs, Group A Cone filter, -31 Forge actuator, Collins 305 chip, 60mm rs 500 cooler, T25 turbo which has no play.

Sorry to ask so many questions but im unsure on setups etc, will take em apart all day long Thanks in advance for any help given
Martin