View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Katie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tesco Insurance: Every Little helps?

How incompetent, are these people? I mean really.

I had a guy crash into me, on 26/08/06...we established I didn't crash into him. They took my NCB anyway, but agreed to give it back to me before my renewal in the middle of Feb. The claim handler closed the claim file at the end of Jan.

Since then, I've been ringing to get a notice of entitlement to said NCB. I've been told by various intellectually void individuals that ''yar carnt av won cuz u as a claim'' Where? Show me? ''yarv claimed from oos'' How? ''tuh repair yoor car, but we ditunt give it'' No I didn't, I'm 3rd party, not fully comp, I couldn't claim if I wanted to. Has the other party claimed against me? ''Narrr''...

Long story short...I've been ringing them every Friday since the middle of feb to get the NCB for DirectLine...and they keep extending how long they'll give me because I ring up and tell them this story and the person on the end of the phone must think, bugger that, have another 10 days.

On Monday my dad rang Tesco (because to be honest, I didn't know how long I could avoid saying something tremendously offensive that might mean I never get a letter). Dad rings up, he's a chartered insurer, tells them there's no claim on the file, and therefore, I am entitled to my no claims (same as I've been saying for 3 months, but maybe a new voice will make all the difference!). The person on the end of the phone tells dad a load of bull about how I can have it taken off even though there's no claim. Of course, this is of great interest to my father, who had not heard of this insurance sector revelation, and asks questions about when this new idea was introduced..maybe he'd missed the boat? He later asked to be transferred to the customer services manager, and was cut off....the next 4 people he ring follow a similar pattern of miserable lack of charm and complete waste of the worlds O2 resource. Until dad finally gets through to somebody with a brain...well, a woman who actually doesn't read off a sheet and attempts to help.
The woman rings another department, yes I have 2 years no claims, sorry for the confusion we'll send the letter out now. (This is an hour and a half long phone call but I'm sure nobody wants to waste their life reading about me wasting my life).

Anyway, hurrah! The post comes today, and a letter from Tesco insurance! Although it was promised to arrive yesterday, and was only posted yesterday... I thought no problem, it's here. I'll just have to spend £4.95 sending it special delivery to ensure it gets there by tomorrow (DirectLines final offer ). I rip it out for a quick read...0yrs NCB.

The saga continues....