Thread: Zetec and RPM
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Garage19
Originally Posted by Chip-3Door
Sorry mate, should have included that detail I guess!

XRStu has a fiesta that I will be nitrousing for him, I may choose to extend the rpm that it runs in order to maximise the BHP output without making too much torque (FWD, so once its hooked up I would like to keep the torque curve relatively flat all the way up for as long as possible before he has to change gear again)

Engine is standard internals, I know that the lifters wont cope much beyond 8000rpm, and its going to be running on aftermarket anyway as its on TB's

I know all the stuff about the standard cams not being good for power that far up the rev range when run N/A but that wont effect me when using it on nitrous.
Does he run the early head with hydraulic lifters or the later head with bucket over shim??

The valve spring are also a bit on the weak side for high rpm so need changing. The later heads have worst valve springs but better followers.
I think he is going double spings anyway, but I will make sure he is aware of that, do you know what sort of rpm they start bouncing at (i assume thats the problem is it?)