View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 06:09 PM
vinnyd
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right here I go, basically I took my old dash out and put a new one in. then the car would not start.

I don't get any fuel up or no spark, I have checked the phase sensor, the ig amp module, I have a pulse to my crank sensor.

so I am assuming that I have dropped a live to my ecu, because for all the above to work then the ecu must be powered up, via the two yellow relays, one is for the ecu/injectors and the other is for the fuel pump. now for the fuel pump and the ecu to work there must be a voltage to the injectors which then fires the 12v to the ecu which then the ecu will send the signals to the other relays then it should start, but for me tho check all this I need to know my pin outs on my ecu.

I KNOW ALL THE ECU'S ON THE COSWORTH ARE THE SAME PIN OUT MINUS THE 4X4 WHICH HAS EXTRA CONNECTIONS.

NOW MY PROBLEM IS ALL THEM CONNECTIONS YOU HAVE TOLD ME I TOTALLY AGREE THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THEY ARE RIGHT. BUT ON MY ECU I DON'T HAVE WIRES IN THE PLACES WHICH ARE STATED IN ALL THE DRAWINGS.

I don't have a wire in pin19 and pin 2 on mine is reading positive?I don't have a wire in pin 28. there are more wires which are in other pins to, now do u see why I am so confused..
I know basically how everything works, but its so strange how so many wires can be in different places compared to any of the ford drawings,

I hope all that made sense??? well it did in my head..lol

once again thanks to all who help me i really do need it..

cheers vinny