View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 05:33 PM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kieron
Looking at what you have written you already appear to know where you are going wrong. Your only downfall is implimenting the things you have said you want to do or changing the foods that you already know are bad.

A for tip on going to the gym? Go straight there from work and do NOT go home. I find that if I go home to the warm and TV, thats it, I am not getting off my lazy arse to go back out again. Give it a try, you may love it and get hooked but its not for everyone.
Cheers mate, yea I know the obvious bad things i'm eating which I need to try and eliminate.

I just done a google search and found a body mass indicator thing, these were the results:

Your BMI is 26.4 - overweight

Your weight is substantially above the healthy range for your height, which means you have a higher than average risk of developing diseases associated with obesity.

Losing enough weight to bring your BMI to below 25 will benefit your health, and the way you look and feel.

You can lose weight by making sure the number of calories you eat each day is less than the number of calories you need to maintain your weight at its current level. This is best achieved by making changes to your eating habits so your diet is healthier, and starting to get some exercise which you can build up and maintain regularly.

The tools in Weight Loss Resources can help you make the necessary changes to your eating habits. You can set a weight loss goal, and see how many calories you need each day to get there. You can try it free for three days.

What is BMI?
BMI stands for body mass index which is a formula which relates body weight to height. This enables people to determine whether they are at a weight which is healthy for them.

What Your BMI Calculation Means
Under 18.5* Underweight
18.5* - 25 Healthy Weight
25 - 30 Overweight
30 - 40 Obese
Over 40 Severely obese
So looking at the above chart it appears I am not over by much, less than I thought actually!

Regarding the gym, yes I can imagine going straight there would be a good idea leaving the lure of getting home to the warm and tv like you say - What's best for a gym beginner i.e how many times a week should I need to go, was thinking two or three initially because I imagine it'll be tough!