View Single Post
Old 21-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Gotech Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick
Hi Andrew

I currently have the STD KE coupled with an MF2 fifth injector.

The fuelling i couldnt ask to be better. The fuel pressure has been reduced so that the car runs around 15:1 off boost. When on boost, at low it's around 12.5:1 then going to mid 11's under full load.

By it's very nature, KE is very good at dealing with transients so driveability is very very good.

The probems im experiencing are to do with ignition control. My chip in the ESCII module is mapped to 22psi, but there are few load/rpm points, so after 22psi, it flat lines.

Need something to control the ignition.

Rick.

Ah okay with you.

So you've not worked with engine management as such.

How many load points/break points can the 5th injector be mapped?? Is it based on map sensor or rpm? Just curious...

Where you do loose out with the KE jet, is the restriction of airflow as a result of the metering head, especially off boost.

I have no doubt that the fuelling is very good, and gives good drivability!!

Running Gotech on the RSTurbo really transforms the drivability...... you are able to run much finer ignition settings, which give a really crisp throttle response (even off boost) and the low and mid range power is given a nice lift as a result.

I can see how you're now going to struggle with the ignition side of things......

Have you considered full management before??