Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Focus mk1 aircon problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Prickly_buzz
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus mk1 aircon problem

I have just had my A/C regassed last week and it was working spot on just after getting it done, the day after it didnt work and today it worked on and off during my hour journey.

When i got home i got under the car and could see the clutch unit on the compressor wasnt engaing when the a/c button was pressed but when i span the clutch round by hand it would the kick in.

Am i just looking at replacing the compressor as its cheaper to just get a second hand one or is there sokething i can do without having to replace the compressor unit?
Old 14-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Colly473

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prickly_buzz
I have just had my A/C regassed last week and it was working spot on just after getting it done, the day after it didnt work and today it worked on and off during my hour journey.

When i got home i got under the car and could see the clutch unit on the compressor wasnt engaing when the a/c button was pressed but when i span the clutch round by hand it would the kick in.

Am i just looking at replacing the compressor as its cheaper to just get a second hand one or is there sokething i can do without having to replace the compressor unit?
Looks like it's the magnet on the pulley.check to see if you have 12vcoming to it when air con is on and Earth on it is ok.also make sure that the front plate isint damaged and cannot slide on the shaft while the car is turned off.you can buy magnets on their own,I've done plenty of them in my time