Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo - passenger footwell damp :(

Search this Thread

Old 28-06-2013, 10:04 PM
dawnmidlands
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo - passenger footwell damp :(

HI i bought a mondeo 2 weeks ago and first off when drove in the rain i could hear the road noise (rain on road) from the passenger side of the car, so i noticed the passenger doors was slightly out of line, got that sorted, today i pulled the carpet up on that side a bit to have a nose, no idea what i am looking for but thought id look as soon as i pulled carpet up a plug come up too so not sure if that was maybe loose or off before i pulled carpet up i am not sure, i also felt that sponge like material near front of footwell and that was wet, so i dont know where to start to find out what is happening, not sure if it would be from that drain hole in the floor, ps what the hell is that, i hope its meant to have a hole in the floor :P or whether from the front end of the car, i noticed the cowl bit if that is what it is called wasnt sealed to the windscreen on the passenger side but garage said that wont cause no problems the driver side is attached to windscreen but passenger isnt, can anyone help at all
Old 28-06-2013, 10:14 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

Can't remember which model it was that had them, but check the foam seal round the pollon filter isn't split. (Unless its comin up through the hole in the floor!?)
Old 28-06-2013, 10:28 PM
dawnmidlands
Virgin

pollen filter, I will look at the book to see where that is in the engine, I am bloody useless
Old 28-06-2013, 11:23 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

It's been a while since I worked at Ford, but sure we used to give out seals with the filters? I think its under the scuttle panel, which made me think of it when you mentioned it not being attached by the windscreen....
Old 28-06-2013, 11:51 PM
dawnmidlands
Virgin

I hope its not going to be something major expensive, I do think it has been looked at previously as passenger side carpet at front has been pulled up before and maybe that is why the scuttle panel isn't secured too maybe they have pulled it off to look as cant get it back on properly,
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
dawnmidlands
Virgin

hiya with the bad rain we had i checked my footwell of the car and it was bloody soaking, and stunk too so i have sent car into local ford garage they have called me back to say that the pollen filter housing is warped and think cracked, the pollen filter is just deteriorated very badly and seal has gone, so that getting replaced by them so a £150 bill for me, but id sooner that than the water