Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

wiering loom cosworth 90 vs 92 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 21-11-2009, 08:03 AM
smoke
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiering loom cosworth 90 vs 92 4x4

hey i m new her and from norway so i m very sorry for my bad english but i hope you can help me
i have got a 90 model 4x4 cosworth and this is full of rust so i got a new one a mint 92 model. so i moved over the wiring for the ecu and engine from the 90 model boddy and into the 92 model. but now ther is no power to the fuel pumps.i think maybe the problem can be the orginal alarm. i have tried to change the control boks for the alarm but that didt help any. may be it helps to remove all that f... alarm thing. but will it work normal after removing this.... hope som i here can help me.

raymond
Old 21-11-2009, 11:25 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heisann Smoke,
Welcome to the site, don't worry about your english, it's still better than a lot on here!!
It's certainly better than my Norwegian.
It seems likely that it could be alarm/immobiliser problem, but it's worth checking a few other things first, such as the cut off switch mounted in the kick panel depress if popped up to reset, make sure the pump does actually work, check for ecu output, check the ecu feed itself.
If the whole loom has been transplanted over it may well just be something simple that has been overlooked, never taken a immobiliser off these, but the ecu is not coded so would be very easy to do.
tabetha
Old 22-11-2009, 08:02 AM
smoke
Virgin

i have tested the fuel pumps and they work just fine but it seems like the ecu is not giving signal to the fuel pump. but ther is power to the ecu. what could be wrong????
Old 22-11-2009, 12:07 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

As the ecu is getting power but not sharing it(outputting) I would start by checking the crank sensor signal is being received without this fuelling will not start.
Did you like my bit of Norwegian!!
tabetha
Old 23-11-2009, 02:57 PM
smoke
Virgin

the engine is not in the car yet i m wating for the engine mounts so i can not check the crank sensor yet. but i did think te fuel pump shuld start anyhow!!!!

yeah your norwegian was great
"jepp norsken din er helt fin den"

raymond
Old 23-11-2009, 06:28 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Hi,
Yep Norwegian is fine fine it ?
The sensor can only be resistance tested, or if you put a digi meter on it you might see a fluctuation as you pass a bit of metal close enough to induce a change.
The std ecu's will prime only, and that is generally just the first time they are turned on in the day, subsequent starts don't usually get a prime as it is temp/time related.
A lot when having problems with the ecu fuel pump output wire them direct to the main loom somewhere, ideally the fuel pump circuit should be rewired anyway as should the fan circuit, these are both responsible for killing engines.
tabetha
Old 23-11-2009, 06:29 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Hi,
Yep Norwegian is fine fine it ?
The sensor can only be resistance tested, or if you put a digi meter on it you might see a fluctuation as you pass a bit of metal close enough to induce a change.
The std ecu's will prime only, and that is generally just the first time they are turned on in the day, subsequent starts don't usually get a prime as it is temp/time related.
A lot when having problems with the ecu fuel pump output wire them direct to the main loom somewhere, ideally the fuel pump circuit should be rewired anyway as should the fan circuit, these are both responsible for killing engines.
tabetha

Trending Topics

Old 23-11-2009, 07:39 PM
smoke
Virgin

hmm me and digi meters are not good friends at all hehe but il give it a try
yes i have re done the wiring to the fuel pumps but for the fans i did bye from a guy on ebay promo wiring og somthing like that but i havent got it yet after 2 months...
i think the alarm system in the car is fuxxxx up. isent ther any way i can jupe it og by pass it or remove it totaly???
Old 24-11-2009, 01:38 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

It's easy to bypass as the ecu is not coded, just find the wires going into the immobiliser unit, do some power probing, and sort out from there, the most you will have to do is ecu cut(as this cuts the fuel and sparks with a dead ecu), and starter motor cut, plus maybe the dash/ignition feed.
tabetha
Old 25-11-2009, 08:31 PM
smoke
Virgin

it is now working just fine hehe i just conected the engine too the wiering and a the fuel pumps zzzzzzzzz .... but now i got a new problem i need a 2 wd sump
but thanks for all help
Old 26-11-2009, 03:33 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Can't help with the sump, trying to find a few myself for conversion to big wing.
tabetha