Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

fitting an elec sunroof motor to a saph

Search this Thread

Old 18-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default fitting an elec sunroof motor to a saph

Basically fitting a leccy motor and cover to my manual sunroof, when i took the old manual cover off it hold in differently to the original, the old one was 2 screws then 4 prongs but the elec one has 2 screws and 2 metal clips. but by the look of it im gonna need to cut the lining as well but wanted to check first before i go hacking away, you can see what i mean by the pics, if i cut the lining will there be something under for the clips to hold onto or do they just clip onto the lining?!

Cheers

Old 18-10-2009, 11:53 PM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The linky you need

https://passionford.com/forum/techni...c-sunroof.html
Old 19-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lovely cheers mate

Should really have done a search first, getting lazy in my old age

Looked thru it and its great for the info on how to do it but does anyone have pictures of how it should look ie the lining etc before the motor goes in and cover goes on?! Deff gonna have to trim the lining but want to make sure its done ok!!

Also have everything i need other than the mounting plate, may have to improvise something if i cant get hold of one!

Last edited by Toe Knee; 19-10-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 25-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bttt, anyone with any pics of how much to cut the head lining back by?! and where the clips on the casing actually slide onto?!

Cheers
Old 15-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bttt. getting fed up with the bloody thing now lol, cut the lining so the cover at least squares up, was going to make my own mounting plate for the motor as i dont have one but noticed when i held the cover up to the roof lining it doesnt seem to fit too great, do 3 doors and saphs have different covers by any chance?! Also noticed the screw holes where the lights go that scew to the roof dont line up properly with the holes either?!

I got the cover and motor off a mate a few years back but never got round to fitting it till now and didnt ask at the time what it had come off!!!

Ta

Last edited by Toe Knee; 15-11-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 16-11-2009, 12:45 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
bttt. getting fed up with the bloody thing now lol, cut the lining so the cover at least squares up, was going to make my own mounting plate for the motor as i dont have one but noticed when i held the cover up to the roof lining it doesnt seem to fit too great, do 3 doors and saphs have different covers by any chance?! Also noticed the screw holes where the lights go that scew to the roof dont line up properly with the holes either?!

I got the cover and motor off a mate a few years back but never got round to fitting it till now and didnt ask at the time what it had come off!!!

Ta
why dont you PM the users on the linky

most are very helpfull on here maybe THE PICTURES and info you need are not posted ..WORTH A TRY