Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

rs turbo HELP

Search this Thread

Old 30-09-2009, 08:05 PM
dillon rs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow rs turbo HELP

ello hope sum 1 can help me iv got a s2 rs turbo and its driving me mad lol only had the car for 5-6 weeks the 1st day i got it thats when the car went just went with a bang

it wud not start for 2 weeks then it did and ther was a shed load of smoke cuming from the turbo and exhaust i had oil in the boost pipes wich was cuming from the turbo so i rebilt the turbo and cleand the pipes still no start thers no fuel going to the injectors so changed the meetering unit still no start changed both ecu's the cold start valve still works but then cuts out took the car to advanced auto they just sed the starter is to slow so changed that and it started for the 1st time the lad ther drove the car for ten mins then i went to pic it up and guess wot wud not start

so took the car home just on the off chance it started 1st time took the car round the block and it just cut out and thats all its been doing since it will start 2 times out 10 sum times not at all wen it gets hot it will cut out and the turbo is putting out 15 to 17psi the car is only around 170bhp and the revs are going mad wen i get it started iv checked all breathers all ok 1 more thing the fuel pump makes a mad noise wen u turn the key on is that right thers my life story any help wood be appreciated cheers
Old 03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
retro d
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be your fuel pump has had it, did you run it low on fuel?? also check the wire under the fuel pump maybe corrosion causing it to cut out. ?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:01 PM
MunkeyboyRS
Bananas!

Sorry dude but if the fuel pump is making a buzzing whining nose for more than a few sec after turning the key, then it maybe something very silly. how much fuel is in the car, dont go by the fuel gauge, there never right!lol If not look under the steering wheel behind the dash and you should find a pink relay change this.

When you say it when bang on the first day, how did it go bang?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Start by having a decent amount of fuel in it, and change the fuel filter just for good measure.
It sounds as though there is more than 1 problem tbh.
tabetha
Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 PM
dillon rs

cheers for getting bk got new fuel pump goin to put it on 2moz and full can of petrol the gage is saying quarter full but the mad fing is the gage is the rong way round when its empty its full only had the car 3-4 weeks it went the first day il give the pump ago 2moz cheers
Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 PM
dillon rs

put the fuel pump on it works naw BUT when u drive her for so long like 20mins when u turn the key off then try an start it and wont start if u leave it 10 mins it will start up first time drive good took it out 2day for a good 4-5 mile not once did it cut out just

just 1 more thing i havent got full pawer from me turbo when i get to 3500rpm it feels like theres nothin there it sounds like its over boosting