Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Electric windows on Ford Fiesta 2004

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Flame04
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric windows on Ford Fiesta 2004

Ive recently just brought a car (Ford Fiesta Flame 1.4, 2004) electric windows have been fine until today when i went to put down the drivers window and it would not work, passenger window works fine, and is also operating from the same button panel as the driver window. Aswell as this the boot release button positioned behind the steering wheel is now not working also!

Does anyone know what could be the problem here? could it be an electrical fault? and are these two buttons connected?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The buttons are not connected other than they probably both go live with ignition that's all.
The fact that the passenger window is working from the same switch bundle tells you power is not the problem, so some basic fault finding with a metre at the switch first to check for a output when switch is pressed, then work way down to the motor, as these do pack up.
Same procedure for boot release metre on check for power etc.
tabetha
Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Flame04
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric windows

I posted a thread on here a few weeks ago. My drivers side window on my Ford fiesta 04 was not working, althou the passenger side window which is operated from the same switch on the drivers door works fine.

Bloke at the garage fixed it at first by hitting the door which moved the window but had to end up replacing the switch with a new one, has seemed fine until today when i went to put the window back up and now its not budging watsoever!

could this be the regulator or would the passenger side window not work as well if this was the case?