Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
4x4RSMike
Virgin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please Help

Hiya guy's just after a bit of help! I'm going to change the engine oil in my 4x4 saph cosworth this afternoon, (for the first time) I've got the oil,filter and new sump bung I just wanted to know if it's easy to get to the sump bung or not? Just trying to save any nasty suprises so any help would be most appreciated!
Many thanks
Mike
Old 05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
4x4RSMike
Virgin

Originally Posted by 4x4RSMike
Hiya guy's just after a bit of help! I'm going to change the engine oil in my 4x4 saph cosworth this afternoon, (for the first time) I've got the oil,filter and new sump bung I just wanted to know if it's easy to get to the sump bung or not? Just trying to save any nasty suprises so any help would be most appreciated!
Many thanks
Mike
Just had a quick look and as suspected the sump bung is not visable! I thought it was on the back end of the sump? Has anyone got any ideas??
Please help!
Thanks
Mike

Does nobody Knows??

Last edited by 4x4RSMike; 05-07-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:56 PM
4x4RSMike
Virgin

I've had another look and it appears I dont have a sump bung it's been replaced with an adaptor and a hose running to the bottom of my oil separator, looks like its acting as a return to the sump from the oil separator! So now my question is... Can I just disconnect this (at the adaptor) to drain the oil?
Many Thanks
Mike
Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Escos2483
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the sump plug is located on the nearside of the sump ..... 13mm spanner size like most fords of that year ... you have to remove the lower cover to see it ... 4.. 6mm bolts to remove .........