PassionFord      

Go Back   PassionFord > Main area > Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects.
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos KBase Gold & Trader Accounts FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor Directory
Search
Welcome to PassionFord

Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

submit to reddit

Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Sarge
Virgin

Trader Score: (0)
Default External fuel pumps

Has anyone installed an external fuel pump on a Ford Mondeo or SVT Contour? If so what kind of results have they had or differences if any?
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

To achieve what?

Ban #1: 23/09/08-25/09/08 - Posting a photo of the Gestapo.
pa_sjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Sarge
Virgin

Well I have a 2000 SVT contour modded with a 3 liter turbo and upgraded trans but it has a problem with eating fuel pumps and I am tired of digging through the interior and dropping the tank as this is the third one and just wondered for modularity purposes if and external tank was worth the time. Grant you it is not a machine that pushes huge HP but it is a thirsty bugger and I am looking at all options of upgrading and this one was a possible refit/solution. Yes I know about the aftermarket lines of pumps and refit units I am just curious about out of tank applications. Thanks for the quick reply by the way
Old 11-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Send a message via MSN to clarke5700

why is this in the Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects section??
Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL

Send a message via MSN to clarke5700

i cant see how a bigger engine will kill fuel pumps?? the pump its self will have to work harder but will only pump as much as it can this will not burn it out?? i think you problem is else where mate
Old 12-01-2009, 02:48 AM   #6
Sarge
Virgin

engine did not cause it to go out...it is the way the strainer and screen on bottom of assembly is made...they revised it on the cougars after the contour phased out because the screen and strainer would catch debris and clog up causing it to strain the pump...stations around here dont really filter their fuel well and there tanks get rubbish in them and it gets passed along to the consumer. sorry I consider this a rebuild that is why I posted it here...probably an unwise choice now that I look.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:48 AM
PassionFord
Ford Focus

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit