Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

Restoring a set of FRST Recaros: Part1

Search this Thread

Old 20-12-2006, 06:54 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Restoring a set of FRST Recaros: Part1

Thought this might be of some use to people so posted it up here.

Does anyone know if ERST base (leg) bolsters are the same shape as FRST ones? And also the (hip) upper bolsters and centre cushion section sorround - is it the same as the ERST?

-----------------------------------

Got a spare set of FRST recaros kicking about so thought i'd take them apart and see what i could do with them.

One of them here which had been shampoo'd - the cloth seems in better condition than my current seats but the bolsters seemed wrecked. Initail plan was to swap the bolsters over but ive decided to keep my current recaros in the car and build up another set for spares using brand new bolsters etc.

First thing was to remove the base cushion which seems fine, the diaphram has stretched over time so i'm going to order up another set.

Subframes unbolted and then the cloth simply pulls off via the long black clips/covers.

Then the extender part of the base - this comes off via two clips, simply pulled off.

This leaves the extended part hanging whilst you can unclip the front part of the base from the clips -

Next the centre of the base is connected to the diaphram via a ring on either side, simply open these up with a set of pliers and remove.

Now the base is free to be removed; along with the side bolsters (where the foam bolster is hooked round the back of the seat frame, easily pulled over the bar)-

As you can see a very distorted set of bolters which have broken down in time and looks like they've been damp also!

If your wanting to remove the bolster material the final part is to remove where it is stuck to the rear of the seat base frame; stuck here with glue/sticky pad - Note: not neccessary to remove if replacing bolsters.

Next i gave the centre cushion a little shampoo -

----------------------

Next im going to order up new base bolsters and a new diaphrams.

Watch this space....
Old 20-12-2006, 07:10 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few interesting bits that dropped out the seats:

Original facotry test sheet and spec sheet:

FRST recaro interior must have been an option for xr2i's back then?!
Old 21-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Brian
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Brian