Restorations, Rebuilds & Projects. Restoring her to Concourse? Just getting her running again? Or got a mad project? This is your room.

My 'new car'

Search this Thread

Old 28-04-2006, 07:49 PM
scotty86d
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 'new car'

Bought my Black rs turbo on tuesday evening and by tuesday night it was running on 3 cylinders and I was being trailered back to uxbridge from brighton.
Taken the engine and gearbox out. Wipped the rocker cover off, and the rockers on the no.4 cylinder were mega loose.Head off and can see valve has hit the piston and left a very small mark.
Ive decided to get a second hand head(mad for it) as the studs for the rockers to attach to are too far out and cant move them but reuse the bottom end. Bottom end seems fine and connected the battery to the starter and it was quiet as a mouse and bores have no marks at all. I am putting it on along with a felpro gasket new bolts and a black diamond clutch while its all out.
While I'm at it a mate is cleaning up the metal by the fuse to box to get rid of the little bit of rust and will clean off the battery tray surface rust and waxoil it all.
Will get some pics up of it all. Need it running asap as exams are at the mo and parents are nagging having spent all my student loan and overdraft on an rs, insurance and it needs mot too.
Anyone know what to do about the fuel pump hanging down?
Old 28-04-2006, 08:18 PM
scotty86d

It's got Koni suspension kit, scorpion 2.5 inch system and 3 inch pipe, what looks to be a hybrid t3(large compresor wheel) bailey dump valve and a k an d n filter. Once i get it rebuilt its going to power to be set up so the same thing doesnt happen again

Old 01-05-2006, 01:59 PM
scotty86d

Pics of engine bay and othe parts of the car to come