F#@king insurance

Search this Thread

Old 24-01-2013, 12:54 PM
CraigJ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F#@king insurance

Got an email from my insurance company last night saying they are taking an extra £125 from my account with no explanation.

Rang them up, and they say i had a non fault claim last year that's not declaired????

After a few mins of wondering what the hell was going on it clicked.

Just before i took out my policy i had spent ages online getting quotes and was watching a program on insurance companies that i had on SKY+. Out of boredom and curiosity i did a quote with a non fault claim to see what kind of difference it made and didn't think anything else about it.

The twats have gone over all the quotes i did and are now saying i must have made a claim because it says so on the quote. So now ive got to get my company car insurance to write an email explaining that no claim has been made even though i have supplied them with proof of no claims.

Complete bellends.
Old 24-01-2013, 01:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

and people said i was being paranoid when i told them to declare any speeding courses they had attended.............
Old 24-01-2013, 01:12 PM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insurance company's are xxxxs simple I just got a new quote go my 3 door through confused.com should be called notconfusedbutretarded.com

I was paying £500 fully comp on my 3 door the new quote came in at £10995.37p lmfao how the fuck what the fuck are they on
Old 24-01-2013, 02:05 PM
2wdsaph ben

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What right do they have to put your insurance up for a no fault claim anyway! It should be law that they are not allowed to or if they do you can claim it on other persons insurance. If I have a no fault claim I would rather not tel them than pay more. Always us who get stung all the time
Old 24-01-2013, 02:46 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Insurance compaines are cunts!! End of, and they can do whatever the fuck they like and get away with it.
Old 24-01-2013, 03:33 PM
the_frozen_one

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gjh
Insurance compaines are cunts!! End of, and they can do whatever the fuck they like and get away with it.
Then boycott them. Drive with no insurance or don't drive at all. That'll show em.

Oh wait...you don't actually feel that strongly...my mistake
Old 24-01-2013, 03:38 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by the_frozen_one
Then boycott them. Drive with no insurance or don't drive at all. That'll show em.

Oh wait...you don't actually feel that strongly...my mistake

Not worth doing on my own, would need another couple of million to join in.

Trending Topics

Old 24-01-2013, 03:59 PM
dojj

i've always maintained that you should pay a one off premium and that should cover you for as long as you don't have an accident

part of that premium is then used as your excess and then you need to pay for some new insurance

this way, those who have the most accidents pay the most and those who don't pay the least

so for all these youngsters who are complaining about being fucked over by the insurance company, if you only had to pay once rather than every year, ths figure would be easier to swallow
Old 24-01-2013, 04:10 PM
the_frozen_one

Originally Posted by dojj
i've always maintained that you should pay a one off premium and that should cover you for as long as you don't have an accident

part of that premium is then used as your excess and then you need to pay for some new insurance

this way, those who have the most accidents pay the most and those who don't pay the least

so for all these youngsters who are complaining about being fucked over by the insurance company, if you only had to pay once rather than every year, ths figure would be easier to swallow
What about not-at-fault claims with no one claim against?
Old 24-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Time for letter to insurance ombudsman
Old 24-01-2013, 04:48 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wdsaph ben
What right do they have to put your insurance up for a no fault claim anyway! It should be law that they are not allowed to or if they do you can claim it on other persons insurance. If I have a no fault claim I would rather not tel them than pay more. Always us who get stung all the time
Whether you're at fault or not, you're still statistically a higher risk driver.

Completely understandable what they've done IMO.
Old 24-01-2013, 04:50 PM
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so basically when you have a non fault claim you need to sue the other party for the extra cost on your own insurance for the next 5 years lol
Old 24-01-2013, 04:56 PM
dojj

What about not-at-fault claims with no one claim against?
hey, it's only an idea, i've not got into the specifics of it yet
Old 24-01-2013, 05:02 PM
the_frozen_one

Originally Posted by dojj
hey, it's only an idea, i've not got into the specifics of it yet
It's a sound idea, I really like it. Just a constructive critisim to help you plan your pitch to admiral
Old 24-01-2013, 05:06 PM
the_frozen_one

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
Whether you're at fault or not, you're still statistically a higher risk driver.

Completely understandable what they've done IMO.
Agreed, with prices as high as they are fraud ie lying on policies is a big issue and they are hot on it now, I was refused a quote as I was 4 days shy of the amount of years I'd said I had my license for!

Hopefully the OP's financial situation is such that he can afford to be without the £125 for a week or so till it is returned.

And let it serve as a lesson to all that they are watching, so be honest, and accept your price
Old 24-01-2013, 05:32 PM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

Agreed, with prices as high as they are fraud ie lying on policies is a big issue and they are hot on it now, I was refused a quote as I was 4 days shy of the amount of years I'd said I had my license for!

Hopefully the OP's financial situation is such that he can afford to be without the £125 for a week or so till it is returned.

And let it serve as a lesson to all that they are watching, so be honest, and accept your price
are you pair sniffin glue. you think that some one is a worse driver because some cock hit them.
Old 24-01-2013, 05:35 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by H15 FSC
are you pair sniffin glue. you think that some one is a worse driver because some cock hit them.
it doesn't matter whether those 2 think it or not - the insurance companies do and will charge you for it
Old 24-01-2013, 05:59 PM
the_frozen_one

As foreign said, it's not my opinion, it's a fact ( that insurance charge you more for it)

It could perhaps indicate higher risk? Not necessarily that the driver is worse, but maybe there frequent route(s) is dangerous eg accident black spot, tricky junction etc, who knows? Only the admiral and the obese elephant do!

And no I don't sniff glue....industrial strength degreaser aerosol smells much better
Old 24-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In 23 years of driving I have never had to make a claim from my own ins company and since fully comp was affordable I have always had it with protected ncb.That was until last year when protected nearly doubled the cost of cover so I didnt have it,and what happened ? you guessed it I had to make a claim.Went abroad in November come back no Shogun ffs.Down to 3 years ncb from maximum and every quote I have done is gona kick me in the balls
Partly my own stupid fault for being a tight ass but I would never keep any info you should disclose too the insurers be it by law or other because if they can get out of coughing up,they will
Old 24-01-2013, 06:05 PM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

i wasn't charged for mine, it is more being dishonest that will make the insurance go up cos they will thing what else are you lying about.

but saying you think its right that someone is a worse driver being in a none fault accident, and its right they pay more for it.

lets hope none of you are hit by some chav, and you raped by your insurance.
Old 24-01-2013, 06:10 PM
the_frozen_one

i wasn't charged for mine, it is more being dishonest that will make the insurance go up cos they will thing what else are you lying about.

but saying you think its right that someone is a worse driver being in a none fault accident, and its right they pay more for it.

Show me where I said or even implied that I think that someone is a worse driver if an accident is not their fault.

Ill give you a beer if you can...
Old 24-01-2013, 06:12 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

nobody is saying they think it's right, it's just a fact that it's what the insurance company do
Old 24-01-2013, 06:12 PM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

As foreign said, it's not my opinion, it's a fact ( that insurance charge you more for it)

It could perhaps indicate higher risk? Not necessarily that the driver is worse, but maybe there frequent route(s) is dangerous eg accident black spot, tricky junction etc, who knows? Only the admiral and the obese elephant do!

And no I don't sniff glue....industrial strength degreaser aerosol smells much better
yeah there the same company, seem they are just trying to find reasons to get money out of you.
but lying is wrong.
but is ok for them to lie us, i had plenty of arguments with them
im still on the tipex and marker pens
Old 24-01-2013, 06:17 PM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

Show me where I said or even implied that I think that someone is a worse driver if an accident is not their fault.

Ill give you a beer if you can...
sorry, i was on about the other guys post thats said what they did was right.
Old 24-01-2013, 06:19 PM
the_frozen_one

im still on the tipex and marker pens
H+S means I only get tippex tape mouse and solvent free markers at work now
Old 24-01-2013, 06:25 PM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

H+S means I only get tippex tape mouse and solvent free markers at work now
off topic but them tippex tape mouse piss me right off lol.
we still have the good stuff. anything to pass the time lol
Old 24-01-2013, 07:35 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

sorry, i was on about the other guys post thats said what they did was right.
Is it not right then? He's declared something that regardless of whether it's true or not, will stack it against him.
Old 24-01-2013, 07:50 PM
90spec_RSmith
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I had a dizzy woman from andrew paige drive into me last year she drove straight over into my lane and into me! fuck knows how she didnt see me!! i stopped in the road and she just carried on! I made a claim against her for a new bumper which she wouldnt accept liability for but andrew paige accepted. Ended up that admiral wanted an extra £245 a year for it if i claimed against her!! So in the end I didnt go through with the claim as it just wasnt worth it
Old 24-01-2013, 07:54 PM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

problems arise as so many people buy insurance online without speaking to someone, I was chatting with paul at need2insure this afternoon and he is a fountain of knowledge and will help people if they bother to ask,
Old 24-01-2013, 08:46 PM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
Is it not right then? He's declared something that regardless of whether it's true or not, will stack it against him.
not really. I've done different quotes to see if parking on the road or drive and garaged, to see if the quote changes. as i heard it can be cheaper to park on the road as thieves wont know which house to break into.
but didnt really change.
he didn't declare it he had a quote, doesn't mean he had an accident .
Old 24-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Mate of mine has just has to sorn his Astra Estate after his renewal came in at nearly 2k! All because a transit van doing 70mph went into the back of him on the M6 while he was stationary and a claim was made

Theyre all robbing cunts. End of
Old 24-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_frst
so basically when you have a non fault claim you need to sue the other party for the extra cost on your own insurance for the next 5 years lol
Except you cant do it through the insurance. Youd have to instruct a solicitor to do it at your expense.

Also youd unlikely win as because you havent paid the insurance for the next 5 years, you cant quantify the damages so how can you claim a "reasonable" amount? you cant.
Old 24-01-2013, 09:34 PM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
Except you cant do it through the insurance. Youd have to instruct a solicitor to do it at your expense.

Also youd unlikely win as because you havent paid the insurance for the next 5 years, you cant quantify the damages so how can you claim a "reasonable" amount? you cant.
but you can sue the other guy for negligent driving, had some bloke try it with me even though he hit me prize cock,
even after his insurance paid out.
and he won the case. as i didn't attend court as i was abroad, he wanted 12k
but got out of it a different way, would love to of seen his face after, as he would of had to pay his own solicitors costs.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

how the fuck could he sue YOU for damages when an accident was HIS fault and proven so by insurance investigation?

or was he hoping youd ignore it and "win by default" as it was uncontested??
Old 25-01-2013, 02:03 AM
H15 FSC
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
how the fuck could he sue YOU for damages when an accident was HIS fault and proven so by insurance investigation?

or was he hoping youd ignore it and "win by default" as it was uncontested??
yeah i think so,said something like i was driving to fast, he was smarmy twat in a BM, it was bout 8 years ago now, i was in an Renault 19 16v that i was using as my work van was broke, coming from work, so i looked scruffy as.
he drove into the side of me out a junction, so hard it spun me round and my passenger door was on my hand brake.
anyway 1 year later i got this summons, to go to court in telford 50 miles from me. and i was due to work away for a month.
so they gave it him by default.
at the time i owned an electrical company and i had got shafted for 20k of work, so i ended up going bankrupt and put his 12k on it.
so he got fook all. still can't believe the cheeky twat, he must of had something to do with law to know he could do it.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 PM
bigdel

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

My 19 year old son pays thru the nose for the insurance on his Corsa, and after 18 months claim and trouble free driving, the stupid bint across the road reverses out of her drive into his parked car and wrote it off. we weren't within 5 miles of the f'ing thing at the time. Admiral got all their costs back from the other company cos they admitted liability, but made us wait another 6 weeks for our £500 excess.
This year they have the neck to charge us an extra £130 because he's a 'higher risk'. How????
I'd have loved to take our business elsewhere, but no-one else came within £500 of their price, so we're stuck with the arseholes for another year
Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 PM
DixieTheKid
Pick-up P100 Power!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Im not looking forward to insuring the P100 with cossie running gear, lump, box, interior and close to 400bhp. I have five years no claims, a DR10 and 28 years young.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
matthewpickup

Originally Posted by DixieTheKid
Im not looking forward to insuring the P100 with cossie running gear, lump, box, interior and close to 400bhp. I have five years no claims, a DR10 and 28 years young.
yep it will be nasty i got a quote on mine no lies , cosworth engine 280bhp 2wd and all the other mods and it doubled it price to £1400
i have no points but i was only 23 with 5 years ncb
so just like yourself once i have my engine in should be intresting
but as a safety feature it will be 4x4 ... hope that makes a diffrence lol
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
matthewpickup

the other funny thing is i could insure a saphire or a 3dr (std) for £600
Old 05-02-2013, 09:14 AM
TenToeTurbo

Ouch! Feel your pain my friends..

Quick Reply: F#@king insurance