General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New or old?

Search this Thread

Old 28-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Cossie.jack
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New or old?

Hi guys.
Having a bit of a dilemma at the moment. I have had my mk3 fiesta si for about 3 months now which is my first car. I saved up enough money to by myself a new car looking at mk6 fiesta? Problem is do I get rid of my fez for a new one? What do you guys reckon?
Old 28-06-2015, 10:42 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Received 347 Likes on 320 Posts

At the end of the day, only you can make this decision, take a test drive in a mk6 and see how you feel about them, and then look at running costs and see what works out better, the mk3 si is quite an old school cool car now, but you might find it easier to get parts for the mk6? (not sure how well supported the mk3 fiesta is). Guess its up to you really.
Old 28-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Cossie.jack

Originally Posted by gjh
At the end of the day, only you can make this decision, take a test drive in a mk6 and see how you feel about them, and then look at running costs and see what works out better, the mk3 si is quite an old school cool car now, but you might find it easier to get parts for the mk6? (not sure how well supported the mk3 fiesta is). Guess its up to you really.
My dad and my brother both have the mk6 and they both drive really nicely and handle really well. The mk6 is cheap to run and insure but doesn't really bother me. The mk3 is just so fun to drive and would make a lovely project. Th problem is do I spend money on it when the cars not worth it? I've already spend double on my wheels and tyres than what I brought the car for lol!
Old 29-06-2015, 05:35 AM
colarado red
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mk 6 will be miles apart from the mk3, just got rid of the misses zetec s never missed a beat in the 9 years we had it. Got a eco boost s now she fucking loves it thinking of the mountune 165 conversion when warranty runs out in 15 months time.
Old 29-06-2015, 06:13 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

What MK6 would you get? If it is a bogo model and not a Zetec S then it might seem dull to drive compared to older Si.

Rust is an issue on older fords, more so on the MK3 I would guess so you might want to look at the condition and it is likely to be an MOT fail car in the next year?

Have you considered a MK5 Zetec S in top condition, rarer as many rusted but these would be much nicer to driver than the MK3, still look good, cost less than the MK6 to buy but imo I found them a better driving car.

I don't know your budget but possibly buy and insure for less than the MK6? Stick a set of Recaro front seats in and your off!
Old 29-06-2015, 07:38 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all for either model then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 29-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Cossie.jack

Originally Posted by matts1
What MK6 would you get? If it is a bogo model and not a Zetec S then it might seem dull to drive compared to older Si.

Rust is an issue on older fords, more so on the MK3 I would guess so you might want to look at the condition and it is likely to be an MOT fail car in the next year?

Have you considered a MK5 Zetec S in top condition, rarer as many rusted but these would be much nicer to driver than the MK3, still look good, cost less than the MK6 to buy but imo I found them a better driving car.

I don't know your budget but possibly buy and insure for less than the MK6? Stick a set of Recaro front seats in and your off!
I've already got a mk3 si. Mk6 zetec s would be to dear to basic model. Like I said I've driven them and they handle nicely and there reliable ect but seem dull to drive after my si.
I wouldn't mine a mk5 zetec s tho, but probably dearer on insurance than mine now.
Conditions pretty good on my si only got a little bubble coming for on the rear arch an underneathe looks good to. But will need some work before the mot!

Trending Topics

Old 29-06-2015, 10:49 PM
SMILER258
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

New.

I drive a Metro GTa daily (old mk2 metro turbo looking thing) and it does nothing but break. Bought a replacement shitty fabia 1.2 and as much as I love the metro's looks and quirks never again will I have an old daily. Besides it drinks fuel.
Old 30-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Cossie.jack

Originally Posted by SMILER258
New.

I drive a Metro GTa daily (old mk2 metro turbo looking thing) and it does nothing but break. Bought a replacement shitty fabia 1.2 and as much as I love the metro's looks and quirks never again will I have an old daily. Besides it drinks fuel.
That is another thing persuading me to get a new car but in the three months I've had the mk3 it has never broken down or let me down!
Old 30-06-2015, 10:30 PM
SMILER258
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Give it time and a bit of 17 year old driving lol