General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

pendragon

Search this Thread

Old 14-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Dan2211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pendragon

Alrite lads

looking at getting a new job due to new manager being a prick. dropped my cv into a ford dealership and gaffer seems ok. its a pendragon plc dealer. As ne body worked for pendragon and what are they like. ive heard of 1 tech they can be a nightmare, but i wana kno if that were just that particular dealership or pendragon as a whole

cheers lads

dan
Old 14-09-2011, 07:29 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I worked for Pendragon when the Ford Dealer I was working for was taken over. They came in and changed everything, I said I would give it 6 months before making a decision about staying or leaving, I left @ 7 months.

Within a month of me leaving, people from all departments started leaving in droves. Within 2 years, the place was shut down. The remaining staff were called to a meeting one morning and were told that the place would be closing shortly and to get their stuff together.

Other dealerships I know of in Pendragon had staff who had no payrises for years, 13 years in the case of one person, other than a couple of basic "cost of living" ones. The wages and staff situation in Pendragon is based on a matrix system, set by the head office in Birmingham. If more staff are needed or a payrise required, yet the matrix says no, then it doesn't happen. Period. I left my Pendragon premises for another dealership and within a year, had 2 payrises. I have been with my current place for 6 years and am now on 16k more per year than I was there, 8k of it was doing the same basic job, the last payrise being due to a promotion to a Workshop controller when I started in the Parts Dept.

Everywhere within the premises will be camera'd up. I went to the Director Principal's office once to have a personal chat (I knew him from prior) and I was watching the cameras. I could read the headlines of the newpaper a technician in the workshop was reading over his shoulder from a video camera in the other end of the dealership.

In the workshop, every second has to be accounted for on their Pinnacle system. If you go to the loo, you need to log onto the correct section on the computer in the Foremans office. It is all for efficiency.

Also, Pendragon plc, mainly trading in the UK as Parkside, Evans Halshaw (what they rename dealers to when they start to get a reputation), to name 2 identities, are run for the shareholders. Every 4-6 weeks, we would get a cassette (or CD) come through with an update from America from one of the directors, telling us how the shareholders were doing, what needed to be done as a company. Basically, criticising everyone if the shareholders did not get their bonuses.

Short of it is, go there if you need to, but don't stop looking for a replacement job.
Old 14-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Dan2211

cannot see any of replies for some reason pls msg me
Old 14-09-2011, 08:37 PM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

how many damn times will this ruddy post apear its all over PF FFS
Old 14-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Dan2211

i work for fiat, alfa dealership and are a det (mastertech). fiat alfa are shit and you cant be 100% efficient due to poor quality product and times. new gaffers come from vag group and are trying to run it as a vag dealer. this wont work because there not main stream cars and you dont get 30 services aday.ive worked there 7 years and day to day work is gbox rebuilds, can and elec faults. dashboards out. work is always shit. they dont understand this and are all on efficiences. so again pretty much like pendragon. different clock cards for tea breaks. breaks parts. you name it its there lol. basically told they knoe master techs who could come in and be 110% efficient so its not good lol
Old 14-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Dan2211

stil cant see replies
Old 15-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

How much is a typical salesman for a Ford delaership earn anyway?

Trending Topics

Old 15-09-2011, 09:12 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by saphcosmike
How much is a typical salesman for a Ford delaership earn anyway?
Minimum wage @ best. The extra is made on comission normally.
Old 16-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

How much commission is the norm ? Is it something like £45 a car?
Old 16-09-2011, 08:06 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by saphcosmike
How much commission is the norm ? Is it something like £45 a car?
An average sales exec in London will get £12-15k as a basic salary and most people sell about 150 cars per year this will = £30/35k OTE I know of some sales execs at Dagenham in alperton for example that sell 250 units and earn well in excess of £50k