Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

pinto and clutch queries

Search this Thread

Old 28-12-2014, 09:32 AM
looneysaphdudey
the nutty one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pinto and clutch queries

Hi guys it's been a while but I have another saph :-D
It's a 2.0ltr gl saph running a pinto. My main question is what uprated clutches are there for the pinto and or would a cossie 215mm 6 paddle clutch fit ?? Reason I ask is my sierras being set up for drifting so needs a hefty clutch to cope with the abuse and I know that the 2ltr pinto is the base of a yb anyways as far as I'm aware.
Any and all advice will be greatly received
Old 29-12-2014, 02:38 PM
carl/saff
SIERRA RS 4X4 COSWORTH

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i would just get a decent ap heavy duty paddle clutch and i would use the(not 100 percent on this as dont do drifting) lightest flywheel i could get ... as you will be revving the nuts of the pinto anyway

Nice set of lightweight wheels should help , oz mags would look the nuts in 15in

Any pics of the project ?
Old 29-12-2014, 03:59 PM
looneysaphdudey
the nutty one

Originally Posted by carl/saff
i would just get a decent ap heavy duty paddle clutch and i would use the(not 100 percent on this as dont do drifting) lightest flywheel i could get ... as you will be revving the nuts of the pinto anyway

Nice set of lightweight wheels should help , oz mags would look the nuts in 15in

Any pics of the project ?
thanks mate really appreciate it im looking at a set of either 15" or 17" rota grids as they're cheap and look good on most cars :-p also eventually will be going to the dark side and dropping a Jap engine in her when I can afford it just because their more reliable under that sort of strain but yer need something for now till then :-p
Old 29-12-2014, 04:18 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Awesome! Be interesting to see what engine route you take, I've always fancied an early Sierra with something like a C18 from an S13, far better than the SR20 IMO.
Old 29-12-2014, 05:54 PM
looneysaphdudey
the nutty one

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
Awesome! Be interesting to see what engine route you take, I've always fancied an early Sierra with something like a C18 from an S13, far better than the SR20 IMO.
ah see im a sr20 fan its a much stronger more powerful engine

Plus they sound awesome lol
Old 31-12-2014, 08:05 AM
looneysaphdudey
the nutty one

Well abit of progression already a friend of mine has just offered me his SR20DET engine cheap as chips :-D sooooo just gotta find me a gear box wiring loom ecu and turbo :-D
Then I'll have me a easily tuneable 350bhp straight from the off :-D also need to find a way of keeping my current diff some how or just get a 200sx s14 diff and somehow fit that but either way she's going to be a monster :-D

Will start a build thread if anyone's interested in following
Old 31-12-2014, 08:37 AM
carl/saff
SIERRA RS 4X4 COSWORTH

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by looneysaphdudey
Well abit of progression already a friend of mine has just offered me his SR20DET engine cheap as chips :-D sooooo just gotta find me a gear box wiring loom ecu and turbo :-D
Then I'll have me a easily tuneable 350bhp straight from the off :-D also need to find a way of keeping my current diff some how or just get a 200sx s14 diff and somehow fit that but either way she's going to be a monster :-D

Will start a build thread if anyone's interested in following
I would just weld the diff for now